COVID-19 update 22 March
Use of face masks
From Monday 22 March 2021, Achieve Australia will relax the use of face masks for staff and visitors. Importantly, we will continue to closely monitor for any staff and visitors attending our sites who may:
- have COVID-19 symptoms- fever (37. 5°C or higher) or symptoms of COVID-19 (acute blocked nose has been added to the list of symptoms)
- have been to any NSW, interstate or overseas locations listed in the current areas of concern at the dates and times listed for 14 days after they visited the location
- live in the NSW areas of increased testing
- live in a household with a person who is currently self-isolating
- are a close contact of a person confirmed with COVID-19 and are within their self-isolation period
- are waiting for a COVID-19 test result.
For the safety of our clients with complex medical needs, we may ask that staff and visitors continue to wear face masks in some locations.
Over the coming weeks, we will be monitoring the requirements of face masks for staff and visitors across our services and following the advice of NSW Health if anything changes.
Currently, we are waiting on timeframes and further instructions from the Department of Health on when the vaccine will be available for clients and our teams.
For now, the Government has provided a COVID-19 vaccination consent form for people to fill in to receive the vaccine. Please fill in and send your completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org or provide it to your local Service Manager.
If you have any questions about our response to COVID-19, please contact your local team. We will keep you updated as more information becomes available and thank you for working with us to help keep our community safe.