In 1952, a group of parents created a support organisation to care for their children with disability in one facility on donated land in Ryde. This was the beginnings of Achieve Australia. More than 65 years on, their pioneering spirit of innovation, hard work, and dedication to social inclusion still drives the culture and commitment of Achieve.
Today, Achieve Australia supports hundreds of people with disability across greater Sydney and Northern NSW.
Our growing workforce of more than 1100 staff and volunteers help to:
- operate accessible community homes and facilitate independent living
- create meaningful employment opportunities for people with disability
- promote holistic wellbeing of our participants
- lead versatile Day Programs, supporting people with disability to pursue passions, interests and hobbies
- run our unique social and commercial enterprises.